Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who are you LisaAnne?

I really am a multi-dimensional person.  I promise I am.

In real life, I don't talk about adoption or being a birth mom most days.  It is only here in my blog that I am THAT Lisa. 

Otherwise, I am the everyday mom of three crazy boys.  I yell at them.  I ignore them when they are driving me crazy.  I tell them I love them.  I scratch their backs and look at their ouchies.  I go to ball games (lots and lots of them).  I feed my kids dinner in the car.  I make dinner for them.  I call them to find out where they are.  I bug them. My boys hate me and love me, sometimes at the same time.

I have friends who do not have adopted children nor are they birth mothers to children being raised by another family.  I do not announce I am a birthmother to new people, not because I am ashamed, but because it is too complicated to explain.

I am a Christian, a sister, a babysitter, a friend, a daughter, a girlfriend and an employee.  I am a committee member, on the board of directors for a couple of organizations, and a children's church teacher. 

I forgive others easily.  I have attention deficit issues.  I love deeply, but I also love quickly.  I was a good student, but liked my social life even more than that.

I am happy most of the time.

I have a Diet Coke/Coke Zero addiction.  Really bad.

I love people.  The people I know today, and the people I will meet today.

I believe that most people are good.  And I believe that people try to do the right thing almost all the time.  I have been accused of being naive in this area.  That's OK, I like it like that.  It makes it easier to wake up in the morning.

But here in the blog-o-sphere, I read my posts and I realize that I come off as a pitiful, whiny, unhappy mother. 

I wanted to tell you I am more than that.  I have to remind myself that I am more than that.

But enough talking already, I need to head off to a ball game.  LanMan is in the semi-finals in a baseball tournament and I have the Princess with me so we need to pack up the baby stuff and get out the door!

1 comment:

MommySquared said...

LisaAnne you forgot to include that you are a strong and courageous woman!

Lisa