Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The sweetest comment ever

Those who are friends with me in real life know that the last couple of days have been really hard.  Lots of tears and grief.  Yesterday even culminated in a marathon counseling session.

This morning I sat down at my computer, with puffy swollen eyes from crying myself to sleep last night, and was drinking in all of the kind comments you all have left over the past couple of days.  I am so thankful for each of you and your tender support of me.  Your kind words are the salve to my broken heart.  Each comment means so much.

But this morning there was one comment that really touched my heart, more so than usual. 

It comes from a commentor that I have never met in real life.  She lives thousands of miles from me and has absolutely no connection to adoption.  She is a mom of two young children and somehow happened upon my blog.  She has been a faithful reader ever since.  We have even become FB friends and I love being able to watch her life through her blog and her FB page.  She is the sweetest, most tender hearted person.  I wish she lived closer so we could be IRL friends! I know she prays for me all the time, and there is nothing more touching than to know that someone cares enough to lift my worries up to God.  That alone shows such character as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, here are the sweet words she left this morning...

As I was praying this morning for your family, I thought to myself, as I often do, "Gosh, I really hope that I'm friends with Lisa forever, because I can't wait to be a part of the day that Brit is reunited, forever (not just once a year) with her family!" What a joyous, beautiful day it will be! And although none of us know when it will be, just know that I'm certain it will happen, and she will know how much you all love her!!! :)

Love and prayers,
Christina
Melt my heart.  Yes, Christina, I hope we are friends forever but I hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Rebecca Hawkes said...

I hope for sooner rather than later, too! So sorry you've been struggling. Hugs!

BumbersBumblings said...

((hugs)) and prayers! You've been on my mind a lot! I need to send an email to catch up!!

m&msmommy said...

I don't even know what to say, but thank you! Thank you for sharing how much those words meant to you, that means the world to me! :) I wish there was so much more I could do, but I know there isn't, so I will just pray, pray, pray!