Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The power of praying friends

It is interesting to find out, often in a round about fashion, that people I never would have guessed are reading my blog.

Most of the time, it is just silent reading.  No comments or record that you have been here.

But on occasion, I will say something that touches someone's heart and they comment.  For those of us who are bloggers, we know that those moments where someone takes the time to comment are moments of glory.  It makes us feel connected to others.

Well this weekend, I  had some interesting responses to my last blog post.

First of all, I received a strongly worded text message from a real life friend.  He told me how hurt that he was that I would not share whatever secret I have with him after all that he and I have been through together.  It caught me very off guard.  I had NO idea that he reads my blog.  He is one of the least likely people I would have thought would take the time to, even if he knew about it.  Heck, he doesn't even have a FB page.  So the fact that he knew about the blog intrigued me.  When I talked to him on the phone this weekend, I asked how he knew and I was very interested to hear how he had found out about it.  It is such a small world.

I didn't share with him my current personal struggle (but I thanked him for telling me how much he does care about me).  I will tell him someday.  But for now I have more questions than answers.  So until I come to some sort of conclusion about what I am going to do to handle this newest set of circumstances, I am going to take my counselor's advice and let this one marinade in my head and on my heart.  Oh, and I'm going to pray.  PRAY ALOT.

On that note.  I have received several blog, email and FB messages that simply say they are praying for me.  Some are from you, my blog friends, and others are from 'real life' friends.  I treasure every one.

I have a couple of blog friends who have reached out to me personally, taking time to email me privately and give me encouragement.  Thank you friends.  It has meant so much.  My sincerest Thank You to those who have told me they are praying for me and to those of you who are praying that I don't even know about.

Because of you and your prayers on my behalf (and a few I have prayed on my own behalf too), I have an incredible peace.  The kind of peace that surpasses all understanding.

I know, without a doubt, the only reason that this is the case is because God is providing it to me.  And I know that it is the direct fruits of all your prayers.

And in God's perfect orchestration, the Sunday School lesson I taught on Sunday was based on my favorite verse (this lesson plan, not chosen by me, but given to me by our SS Director).

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
 There you have it.  Said perfectly.

1 comment:

m&msmommy said...

Sweet friend, for whatever reason your story has touched me since the day I found out about it. As I've said before I'm not sure why because I'm in no way, shape or form involved with adoption, however, your story lays on my heart daily. Please know that I think of you daily, because I pray for you EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. :) I'm a strong believer in, if you tell someone that you pray for them, that you mean it, and it's not just something said for the sake of saying it :)

I hope a solution is reached in your newest set of circumstances and if a resolution is not in God's plan, I pray that peace in your heart is in the plan.

Love and prayers coming your way each day...